Sightlines will help you develop strategies to manage your campus’s physical assets and get the most from your operating and capital budgets. Our work with hundreds of institutions across the United States and Canada each year give us an unparalleled perspective on the state of higher education facilities. Equipped with data from over 52,000 campus buildings, we help institutions plan and prioritize so they can get the most mileage out of limited funds.
Facilities Intelligence Solutions that Transform your Campus
Our core service is built upon our proprietary Return on Physical Assets (ROPA) process, comprised of robust data discovery, validation, and predictive analytics. This multi-phase approach is designed to help you tell your facilities story, make the case for change on campus, and better manage your institution’s largest asset. This process provides a holistic view of facilities with peer-to-peer comparisons utilizing the nation’s most comprehensive and verified database of facilities metrics.
- Separate fact from fiction as Sightlines collects and validates core facilities data
- Enable more credible, data-driven decisions with comparisons across hundreds of institutions
- Instill a common vocabulary that aligns finance and facilities
- Unite policy surrounding space, capital, and operations
Taking a bite out of deferred maintenance goes beyond simply creating a project list. Sightlines takes a typical facilities condition assessment to the next level by quantifying your backlog and lifecycle needs and we utilize our proprietary Building Portfolio process to develop a capital plan that ties technical requirements to mission and finance.
- Conduct an assessment of campus conditions
- Create an inclusive planning dialogue
- Use our Building Portfolio approach to direct a multi-year capital plan
- Align technical needs with institutional mission and investment capacity
Ease the burden of continuous data collection and reporting and spend more time advocating and implementing campus policies that minimize impact on our planet. Whether the goal is to measure your carbon footprint, create effective Climate Action Plans, or fulfill STARS, Carbon Commitment, Sierra Club, and/or Princeton Review reporting requirements, Sightlines provides the insight and proven strategies that allow your institution to thrive while enhancing the sustainability of the environment we share.
- Quantify sustainability across a broad spectrum of indicators
- Relieve staff of burdensome reporting requirements
- Benchmark efforts against peers and best-in-class institutions
- Create effective climate action plans that align with master and capital plans
Are you getting the most from your largest asset? A typical classroom is only occupied 60% of academic hours. Sightlines creates an inventory of all teaching spaces and rigorously analyzes the utilization of rooms, seats, and conditions, using detailed analytics and peer benchmarking to develop a custom plan that releases the hidden value of your campus.
- Understand space usage patterns
- Improve the use of existing assets
- Develop capital plans to improve conditions and function
- Better serve students, faculty, and staff