Focused facilities stewardship and planning across higher education is more critical than ever. Demands are moving at a lightning pace and financial constraints continue to impact performance. Tough decisions must be made. Sightlines’ solutions provide the reliable data and strategic perspective facilities leaders need to effectively communicate facilities priorities, properly allocate resources and optimize decision-making.
Facilities Intelligence For Better Decision-Making
Since facilities are critical to the success of your institution, you need reliable data and informed guidance to confidently evaluate decisions around facility risk, resource allocation and project selection. This strategic and objective analysis of performance gives you the power to reduce the risk of project deferral and develop a facilities action plan that can be clearly communicated and appropriately funded.
- Access the nation’s largest facilities database, featuring over 200 performance metrics
- Instill a common vocabulary that aligns space, capital and operations needs
- Project capital renewal needs and develop strategic funding plans
- Create a baseline for continuous measurement, comparison and optimization
Taking a bite out of deferred maintenance goes beyond simply creating a project list. It’s time to go beyond the traditional facilities condition assessment to make the problem more manageable. Sightlines provides a comprehensive and actionable capital plan that strategically guides facilities investment decisions and ties directly to institutional mission and financial capabilities.
- Generate a credible list of asset conditions and deficiencies
- Integrate operational perspective to secure buy-in and confirm recommendations
- Strategically segment buildings to define areas of emphasis and optimize project selection
- Develop multi-year capital plans based on mission-driven outcomes
Ease the burden of continuous data collection and reporting and spend more time advocating and implementing campus policies that minimize impact on our planet. Whether the goal is to measure your carbon footprint, create effective Climate Action Plans, or fulfill STARS, Carbon Commitment, Sierra Club, and/or Princeton Review reporting requirements, Sightlines provides the insight and proven strategies that allow your institution to thrive while enhancing the sustainability of the environment we share.
- Quantify sustainability across a broad spectrum of indicators
- Relieve staff of burdensome reporting requirements
- Benchmark efforts against peers and best-in-class institutions
- Create effective climate action plans that align with master and capital plans
Are you getting the most from your largest asset? A typical classroom is only occupied 60% of academic hours. Sightlines creates an inventory of all teaching spaces and rigorously analyzes the utilization of rooms, seats, and conditions, using detailed analytics and peer benchmarking to develop a custom plan that releases the hidden value of your campus.
- Understand space usage patterns
- Improve the use of existing assets
- Develop capital plans to improve conditions and function
- Better serve students, faculty, and staff