Conference attendees able to choose from series of practical workshops that will explore innovative facilities solutions
Guilford, Conn. – October 5, 2017 – Sightlines, a Gordian company and leader in facilities intelligence and analysis for higher education institutions, has finalized details for a series of “Success Sessions” created to deliver practical insights for attendees at Sightlines Insights Summit ’17. The exclusive conference for higher education executives will take place on November 13-15, 2017, at the Charleston Marriott in Charleston, S.C.
“We’ve created this unique series of workshops for the expressed purpose of facilitating strategic peer-to-peer dialogue,” said Mark Schiff, president of Sightlines. “Each session will be moderated by senior finance and facilities administrators from member campuses. Our goal is to ensure that every single attendee at our Insights Summit leaves with the knowledge and tools necessary to address the current and future needs of their institutions.”
Sightlines’ Insights Summit ’17: Charting a New Course in Facilities is an educational and networking event designed to strengthen the lines of communication between key decision makers in the finance and facilities departments at North American colleges and universities. The bi-annual event draws from Sightlines’ membership base of more than 350 academic institutions across the U.S. and Canada. The full conference agenda is available here.
In addition to the keynote addresses and various breakout sessions, Sightlines has created three “Success Sessions” tracks in which attendees can choose from several available workshops to find the ones that are best suited for their individual needs:
Track 1: Tuesday, November 14; 1p.m. – 2 p.m.
- “Innovative Strategies for Closing the Stewardship Gap” (speakers from the University of Arkansas, University of Pennsylvania and University of Iowa)
- “The Changing Landscape of Sustainability in Higher Education” (speaker from Texas A&M University)
- “Balancing Act: Managing Space While Reducing Deferred Maintenance” (speaker from St. Edward’s University)
Track 2: Tuesday, November 14; 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- “Managing the Evolving Workforce” (speakers from Florida State University and the University of Texas – Rio Grande Valley)
- “9 Things You Should Be Doing on the Member Portal…But Probably Aren’t” (speaker from Sightlines)
- “An Officer and a University” (speakers from Louisiana State University and Colorado State University)
Track 3: Wednesday, November 15; 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- “Bringing Your Facilities Assessment to Life” (speakers from the University of San Diego and Wake Forest University)
- “#SocialMaintenance: Facilities Communication in the 21st Century” (speakers from the University of Tennessee – Knoxville and University of Florida)
- “From Strategy to Execution: How Gordian Can Help Complete Your Sightlines Journey” (speaker from the University of Pittsburgh)
“These success sessions are a key component of Insights Summit ’17 as we strive to deliver the trends, information, innovation, data, dialogue and collaboration our members need to continue providing vital support for the physical and financial well being of their campus assets,” added Schiff.
For more information about how to become a Sightlines member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.